The Foundation seeks an organized, creative, public-service oriented Grants Management Associate to join our team in Washington, D.C. to help ensure the quality and efficiency of our grantmaking processes as well as the integrity of our grantmaking data. S/he will report to the Director of Grants Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Grants Management Associate duties include:
• working internally with program staff to invite new proposals and assist staff throughout the proposal process;
• tracking and reviewing grant proposals and progress reports for completeness and compliance with IRS regulations and with Foundation requirements;
• assisting the Director of Grants Management in the preparation and review of docket materials, dashboards and other visual tools that reflect the state of the Foundation’s grant making;
• communicating externally with applicants and grantees, responding to questions and inquiries regarding the status of proposals, grant payments and other matters;
• reviewing grantee financial statements and project and organizational budgets;
• assisting with the preparation and processing of formal grant agreements;
• maintaining, coding and updating grant records in our grants management database;
• maintaining and, when necessary, assist with developing detailed reports and systems for generating and analyzing information relating to our grant making;
• Undertaking special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree, administrative experience, excellent organizational and computer skills, and strong written and oral communication abilities are required. Bookkeeping or accounting experience, and experience with grants management and grants software are a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience; full benefits package.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, a resume and three references via email to HR@wyssfoundation.org. Please use the subject line: “LAST NAME – GRANTS MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE. Accepting applications until filled.
The Wyss Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer